Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Sleep

It's dusk. The windows are slightly open, but I don't bother to get up and close them properly. It is with a tinge of sadness that I see the last rays of sun disappear.

It's night. The blinds are half drawn, but I don't bother to get up and draw them fully. It is with a sense of dread that I see that darkness has fallen.

I'm lying in bed, flitting in and out of sleep. I tell myself I have to get up, I have things to do, so many things to do. But I don't move. I don't want to get up and face the things I have to do.

And with each passing moment, the sense of sadness and the sense of dread grows. I don't want to deal with it. So I close my eyes, and allow myself to drift once more to sleep.

Sleep, is where I am free.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stumbled upon this one day and got addicted to reading this blog.

Nice writing... often reflective of my own thoughts though I don't usually manage to convey these with such ease.

Procrastinating is quite clearly damaging. You don't feel good during and after procrastinating... yet you do it anyway. Humans are contradictory creatures.

Mag said...

I know this feeling too...the difference would probably be that I welcome the darkness. But sooner or later my eyes adjust. And I wish for sleep desperately...

Maybe sunlight will trickle into my soul one day.