Monday, December 12, 2005

She was

Have you ever thought about what you would like other people to say about you when you die?

It was a question that caught me off guard. I have never thought about how I would like my eulogy to read. It is not in my nature to contemplate such thoughts that to me are seemingly not for me to think. But he commented that how a person would like to be remembered in death gives a good guide as to how he should live his life. And I found myself agreeing.

I want to be remembered as the girl who loved to laugh, who always looked on the brighter side of things. I want to be remembered as the girl who loved to love, who was never afraid to hurt in her quest for love. I want to be remembered as the girl who loved to live, who embraced all things good and bad that came her way - because truly, that is the only way to really live life.

Above all, I want to be remembered as the girl who was happy, if not always, then for the greater part of her life.

I'm not so sure I'm doing well on my scorecard though. It's been so long since I was happy. You know, really happy?

2 comments:

Little Miss Drinkalot said...

But when you're really happy, you don't even have to try to be happy. It just hits you.

Anonymous said...

Who cares what pp think about... after all you are dead! For that reason I dont even bother to set a will, not even my CPF ~Gene